Monday 15 July 2013

Birthday Blog Post No. 5

On today's blog post, I'm really happy to welcome yet another marvelous entrepreneur to help celebrate The Cool Rule Company's first birthday. It's Carrie Dennison from Press for Design and believe me, without her, you may not even have had any of the Cool Rule products in your life. I'll let her tell you all about it . . .



Hello! I’m Carrie and I’ve been running a graphic design business called Press for Design for nearly two years now.

Carrie - the brains and creativity behind Press for Design














There are two distinct sides to my business. One is the graphic and web design side, where I work with other businesses to create their websites, adverts, brochures, leaflets, business cards, etc.  I also train people in setting up their own Wordpress websites.

The other is the art side, where I create lino cut artwork and illustrations and sell them through my own site, Etsy and local craft markets. With all that going on, you can imagine that there’s never an uncreative moment in the Press for Design studio!

A selection of Press for Design's work


My aim behind Press for Design is to provide a friendly, approachable, yet professional, graphic design and web design service for local sole traders and small start up businesses.  I aim to make the design process easy and understandable and keep my clients updated with how their project is progressing.

When I was first starting out, I received plenty of help and advice from the lovely ladies at the Derwentside Enterprise Agency. And this was where I first met Abi.

I immediately spotted a kindred artistic spirit, and loved the idea of the Cool Rule Book.  At the time, Abi was in need of some scanning equipment so that she could get her fab products on the market, so I was happy to help her out and get all those gorgeous designs scanned and in digital form for her.  As well as business talk, over the year we’ve also had some lovely chats over a cuppa about life and where it take us.


These guys would never have been scanned without Carrie!















Although I don’t have children, I love the creative aspect of the Cool Rule Book. Now here is a book that children can engage with and customize to make it their own. The Cool Rule Poster and Reward Charts are especially fun - plenty of scope to get creative and also a wonderfully fun addition to any child’s wall.

The Cool Rule Poster and Reward Charts

















 I’m a firm believer in displaying children’s creativity everywhere! I also love the fact that the book, charts and poster will be a wonderful reminder of all the fun things children got up to when they were young. With her Cool Rule range, Abi is creating plenty of wonderful memories for families to look back on.

I’m currently expanding my business offer and after having held successful Wordpress masterclasses at Derwentside Enterprise Agency I am now providing one-to-one Wordpress training for sole traders and small companies who would like to take advantage of Wordpress's free website hosting and have full control of their website content.

On the art side, I’m now creating downloadable digital stationery, where you can print out gorgeous letter paper and envelopes whenever you like.


Part of Press for Design's collection of downloadable stationery



It’s been fantastic seeing how much The Cool Rule Company has grown over the past year, and here’s to a very happy first birthday with many, many more to come!


Thanks so much Carrie. I'm so glad we've been able to work together and I'm sure I'll be knocking down your door again in the near future for yet more graphic design and technical expertise! And take it from me folks, working with Carrie is a dream.

If you want to check out Carrie's work, or get in touch with her, here are the links you need:

pressfordesign.co.uk
facebook.com/pressfordesign
twitter.com/pressfordesign
pressfordesign.etsy.com

And if you want to browse the Cool Rule range and see how you can transform the life you share with your toddler, skip on over to thecoolrulecompany.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment