Wednesday 20 March 2013

To Boost or Not to Boost? - Day Three

I've been something of a detox casualty today. I was told it would happen. It's not like I wasn't warned. But blimey, when that headache hits you it is like something from a nightmare.

I've had a headache pretty much since halfway through Day One of the Body Boost programme, but that paled into insignificance once the real torture started today. I saw Helen, the mastermind behind this whole detox scheme, this morning at the school gates and asked her if it was normal. She nodded with sympathetic recognition and said, "It's the sugar and caffeine leaving your body and I'm not going to lie to you, it's only going to get worse."

Detox headache














So I kept her words in mind but didn't really think it would happen to me. I mean, how toxified could I have been anyway? I'm a vegetarian for goodness sake. And allergic to cheese! And I do yoga and meditation and positive thinking. Surely I could positive think my way out of this one?

Apparently not. By the time one o'clock came I had spent the morning chasing Little Tot around a Mumpreneur business course and deterring him from chucking toys, pens and dummies at the course leader, only to go outside and find my car battery was flat because I'd left the lights on. Nice one. I'd like to blame it on my foggy detoxing brain but I did actually do exactly the same thing last week taking Big Tot to football.

So this caused the AA man an unending amount of amusement (it was the same bloke as last week) as he jump-started the car. He chuckled away over his paperwork and I could feel the pain in my head spreading to my eyes, my neck and my shoulders. By the time I got back in the car to give it a run out and charge the battery, all I wanted to do was lie down in a pitch black room and sleep until the end of time. I soldiered further on to take a load of Cool Rule orders to the post office (can't let all those stressed-out parents down!) but then made a run for home.

The famous Cool Rule Book





















Luckily the hubby was home so I stumbled through the door, begged him to get Little Tot out and put him down for his nap (I was incapable of batting my eyelashes, which is my usual ploy). I grabbed a tupperware box of some Quinoa concoction I'd made the day before, wolfed it down, drank two glasses of water and found my way to bed. I needed dark room therapy.

And it worked. Well, kind of. I don't feel like I want to die any more but the headache is still lingering, almost reminding me what it is capable of.

On the Facebook Body Boost group tonight, I find that many of the other ladies on the programme are experiencing similar things. Helen's words of wisdom to us all are: "If you're experiencing headaches or feeling yukky it's a sign that things are working. Stick with it as when you hit day four or five your energy levels will rocket, your mental clarity will amaze you. Honestly, it's so worth these few days of feeling rubbish."

I'm kind of tempted to get her to write that down and sign it in blood but maybe that's the headache talking.

Go well,

Abi

Breakfast: Salmon fillet and berries, Lunch: Quinoa and roasted veg, Dinner: Tuna salad with egg & sweet potato wedges


















Discover a fantastic, funky range of happy living products for the coolest families at www.thecoolrulecompany.co.uk

Find out more about detoxing and women's health and fitness at www.femalefitness.co

If you're interested in attending Mumpreneur sessions in Derwentside, visit www.dida.co.uk/starting-in-business/

No comments:

Post a Comment